36th National Exhibition 2020
The Next Picture Show
A Fine Arts Center
113 W. First St., Dixon, Illinois
Awards Judge: Steve Puttrich
May 2 – May 29, 2020
Reception: Saturday, May 2nd, 1 – 4pm
Over $6,000 in cash awards.
- The 36th National Exhibition 2020 is open to all artists who are 18 years or older.
- Work must be original (not derived from another’s intellectual property or copyrighted references).
- Painted after January 1, 2017.
- Entries cannot have been displayed in a previous IWS Members’ Show or IWS National Exhibition.
- Entries cannot have been completed in a class, workshop or under supervision.
- Collage, digital media, photography, prints or reproductions ARE NOT permitted.
- Acrylic and work painted on yupo or canvas is permitted.
- Paintings must be framed under Plexiglas (no glass). Mats must be white or neutral (a color similar to white).
- Paintings completed on stretched canvas may be framed without plexiglass or mat.
- Paintings must be wired and ready for hanging. No “saw-tooth” hangers.
- Maximum frame size: 40″ in width or height.
- Only one painting per artist will be selected.
- Fees for one or two entries:
$35 . . . Non-Members
$25 . . . Members
$10 . . . Signature Members.
- Detailed instructions for shipping and delivery will be provided in the Acceptance Notification.
- Insurance will be the responsibility of the artist.
- Entry information along with images must be submitted online only .
- File names should include the JPEG (JPG) extension.
- File size should be no more than 1MB.
- Crop images to show only the painting, no mats, background images or frames.
- Image names must include the title of the painting and the correct number corresponding with entry form.
Example: Flowers1.jpg and Barn2.jpg.
- Payment will be made online via PayPal (we use PayPal for all of our online payments but you DO NOT need a PayPal account to pay with ANY major credit card.
- Acceptance only notification will be via email and on the IWS website.
- Once an entry is received you will receive a confirmation email that your entry has been successfully processed. After your entry has been submitted and confirmed, the art registration information cannot be revised or changed. This includes price, title and dimensions.
- All artists whose work is selected for exhibition will receive instructions for shipping and
delivery in the Acceptance Notification.
- Only one painting will be accepted from an individual artist.
- No peanut packing or wood cartons, please!
- Once accepted, no changes can be made to price, title or dimensions.
- Artwork must remain on display in the Gallery for the duration of the Exhibition. Removal of artwork prior to the closing will result in penalties assessed by the by the IWS Board of Directors.
- The reception is free and open to the public and will be held at the Next Picture Show Gallery on Saturday, May 2, 2020 beginning at 1pm.
- The Awards Juror will present a watercolor demonstration at 1pm.
This will be followed by a ceremony recognizing award winners and new Signature honorees.
- The Next Picture Show is responsible for all sales. The IWS will retain a 20% commission.
- Unless specified by the artist (NFS) all paintings will be for sale.
- IWS reserves the right to photograph and duplicate works for the catalog/website and publicity purposes.
For additional questions or clarification, please contact the show chairman at: email@example.com
You can find the PROSPECTUS here.
Entry deadline: March 9th (midnight central time).