Online Exhibition 2020
Unfortunately, the venue for the 2020 IWS Members show (Mayslake Peabody Estate) is closed until the end of the year. The show has been moved to www.illinoiswatercolorsociety.org and will be an online show only.
August 1 – September 30, 2020
Show Awards include:
6 Awards of Excellence – $100 each,
3 Novice Awards – $50 each,
Awards Judge: Peggy Macnamara
IWS is thrilled to have Peggy Macnamara serve as the 2020 IWS Members’ Show juror. Macnamara earned her MA in art history from the University of Chicago and has served as both the Artist-in-Residence at Chicago’s Field Museum of Natural History since 1990, and as an Associate Professor at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. She has traveled with Field Museum scientists all over the world to paint nature and illustrate conservation efforts. She has published 4 books in collaboration with museum scientists through University of Chicago Press and created two children’s books.
Download the Prospectus here
- Online entry June 22 – July 17, 2020
- Exhibition Dates: August 1 – September 30, 2020
- Awards Judge: Peggy Macnamara
- 6 ‘awards of excellence’ worth $100 each and 3 ‘novice awards’ worth $50 each
- Entry Fee: $20 (must be current IWS member)
- You may join or renew your membership at https://illinoiswatercolorsociety.org/join-us-2/
The IWS Board encourages all IWS members to participate in this “online” show and we understand the difficulties associated with viewing and jurying art online. We have changed the prize structure this year to include six equal awards of excellence valued at $100 each. We also want to include our novice, beginner, and/or student painters. On the online entry form, simply click the ‘novice painter’ checkbox to make yourself eligible for one of three novice awards valued at $50 each. These are for artists who feel they are in the beginning process of their painting education. You do not need to be in a formal class to participate but it does make you ineligible for the “awards of excellence”.
- How to Enter: Online entry form
- Entry Fee: $20 entry fee per member (payable through PayPal).
- IWS membership must be current.
- One painting per member may be submitted.
- All water-media paintings (acrylic, gouache, yupo) are acceptable. Collage is not allowed.
- Artwork depicting violence or sexual behavior is not allowed.
- Work must be original (not derived from another’s intellectual property or copyrighted references).
- We will list sale prices on website and forward any inquires directly to the artist.
Submitted Digital Images
- need to include the JPEG (JPG) extension in the file names.
- no larger than 1MB in file size.
- cropped to show only the painting, no mats, background images, or frames.
- file name should include the title of the painting.